An esteemed client of ours is one of the leading groups in Bangladesh’s private sector which employs around 2000 people across its multiple locations in Bangladesh with 30% annual growth. This Business house has a strong presence in multiple line of business like agro industry, poultry nutrition and farming, fish feed, real-estate, constructions, ceramics and architecture & engineering.
To create value for customers by continuously improving business processes to deliver on time, is critical in driving growth. This is a big challenge for the client considering the nature of the industry where wastage minimization and reprocessing is a crucial success factor.
The legacy system lacked the flexibility to enable its operations to absorb market fluctuation and therefore, the need to implement a robust business process so as to keep ahead of competition, reduce overhead costs, and improve cash flow and capture online stock visibility.
- Legacy systems of the client hampered the synchronization of its operations with market fluctuations
- Sales Plan, Production Plan, Procurement Plan all are in silos.
- Make to stock nature of product
- Lack of synchronization between multiple departments.
- Operating on disparate systems added to the complexity, as there were a large number of satellite systems running independent of the host.
- Huge product variety with Grade and price.
- Delegation of Authority: Complex and Dynamic Delegation of Authority with multiple conditions for different functions of the organization.
- LC and Bank Charges: The requirement was to capture key information and tracking the different stages of the life cycle of a Letter of Credit for both foreign as well as local LCs. Additionally, management of Bank Guarantees for domestic and letter of credit stand by for the international trades were also required.
- Dynamic Discount Structure with Retention on Sale: For Ceramics business, discount was dynamic based on Item Grade. For Agro it was more complex with a dynamic rate based on Transport Location and Type of Item. For credit customers a certain percentage of retention which had been accumulated was to be considered in a separate account and to be paid periodically to customer.
- Catch Weight: Day old chicks were purchased as pieces by the farm. In its entire life cycle it gained weight. After completion of the life cycle there was an obvious need to sell it in Kilograms.
- Freight Reconciliation and Payment on Sale: Freight Carrier sends bills periodically by attaching Challan that they carried based on an agreed rate chart. Bills were reconciled with actual and paid to the Carrier.
Equipped with its proprietary OUM methodology, strong Oracle Applications consulting and a unique global delivery model, Conacent set about to integrate best-in-class Oracle ERP with Custom applications to help the client improve their business processes. As part of this mandate, Conacent undertook the following:
- Evaluation and implementation of GL, AP, AR, CM, FA, INV, OPM Financials, OM along with Advance pricing. Few custom Bolton implemented like Sales Plan, Production Plan and LC/BL management were demonstrated.
- Standardization of performance metrics across the organization (approx. 13 OU, 50 Inv org) to streamline the client’s internal processes. Conacent was involved in business process definition, package implementation, key user training, and post-production support
- In order to map the complex and dynamic nature of Delegation of Authority, additional conditions were created by developing custom attributes. Hierarchy had been made dynamically based on Position by developing Custom Code.
- We developed a Bolton application for capturing this requirement which was integrated with base apps P2P flow. LC, LC revision, LC margin, partly LC, bank charges etc. all the features are there in custom solution.
- All types of Dynamic discount were mapped through additional attribute mapping in qualifier. Retention was mapped through negative discount. For separate accounting of Retention, SLA customization had been done in Receivables.
- Catch weight functionality was mapped through a workaround where primary UOM of the Item was piece and secondary unit was Kg. Sale took place in run time with actual weight of the item without changing its conversion.
- Freight Reconciliation and Payment on Sale: To make this process easy, customized rate chart form was designed. Actual delivery with calculated freight rate was tracked under a separate custom form and then paid to carrier by tagging the Invoice.
Leveraging the implementation, a team of 12 experts from Conacent decided on the methodology and approach to implement the Oracle Application R12.2.5 to achieve process efficiencies. Conacent, using Oracle solutions, streamlined the manufacturing, distribution, procurement and financial accounting processes of the client. These were integrated with a custom forecasting and planning tool. This performance metrics across the organization became standardized and the client’s internal processes were streamlined.
- The implementation imparted high visibility to the supply chain and improved demand planning and execution
- There was a significant improvement in cash flow due to real-time processes. A large number of processes have been automated, which has increased the efficiency and reduced overhead costs
- Timely delivery and proper order booking increased due to online on-hand availability.
- The client witnessed significant improvement in its on-time delivery record due to the processes and applications implemented by Conacent.
- Reduce reconciliation activity
- Online BS/PL
- A large number of manual practices has been systemized.
- Excel dependency reduced to a great extent.